Basic Metallic Reloading Course
This 8+ hour course teaches you the basics of reloading centerfire metallic cartridges with little or no prior experience in reloading. Read more about this course, below. Each student will be taught the basic knowledge, skills, and attitude necessary to safely reload metallic cartridges. This is an 8 to 10 hour course, and is conducted at US Reloading Supply’s shop in Venice, FL. This is not an NRA Metalic Reloading course, but is based upon it and expanded with additional information and instruction. A maximum of 4 students are allowed per course.
LESSONS - In this course, you will be given an introduction to reloading and reloading safety. You will learn about:
- Centerfire cartridge components.
- Using the reloading manual and reloading data.
- Metallic cartridge reloading equipment.
- The metallic cartridge reloading press.
- Brass cleaning.
- Selection of bullets (projectile tips).
- Powder and primer selection.
- Reloading data books.
- Metallic cartridge reloading practical exercise.
MATERIALS - Each student will receive:
- Feedback on practical exercises conducted during the course
- Expert instruction as you make ammo on top the line equipment
- Basic Reloading Student Exam
- Basic Firearm Training Program brochure
* Equipment - Equipment used during this course:
- RCBS Rock Chucker
- Lee Turrent Press
- Hornady digital caliper
- RCBS Chargemaster Lite scales
- GemPro 500 precision scales
- Lyman universal case trimmer
- Frankford loading blocks
- Assorted reloading dies
EXTRA - Each student receives several hours of one on one hands-on training. When the course is completed, you will be able to set up a press as well as understand and set each type of reloading die on the press. Students will be working with a single stage and progressive press, but primarily on a single stage press. Under close supervision, students will reload a minimum of 5 cartridges, to demonstrate their compentence. SAFETY is stressed in each step.
COURSE DATES & TIMES - Contact us for a current list. You will need to pre-register.
* Have your own equipment? Contact us and we can probably use your equipment for training.
PREREQUISITES - The are no prerequisites for taking this course.
INSTRUCTOR - Talon Dietz and Jim Swindle, NRA Certified Basic Reloading Instructor with over 50 years of reloading experience.
THIS IS NOT AN NRA COURSE AND DOES NOT PROVIDE A COURSE COMPLETION CERTIFICATE.
We accept all major credit cards, cash, and checks. All orders must be paid at least a week in advance to allow for scheduling and ordering materials.
NOTE: You may want to bring non-alcoholic beverages and snacks. We have a refrigerator and microwave, but there are no vending machines.