This 8+ hour course teaches you the basics of reloading centerfire metallic cartridges with little or no prior experience in reloading. Read more about this course, below.
If the quantity you order exceeds the Availability (above) or there are none in stock, then your order will be held until all items are available for shipment, and then shipped at the same time.
ABOUT THIS COURSE
Each student will be taught the basic knowledge, skills, and attitude necessary to safely reload metallic cartridges. This is an 8 to 10 hour course, and is conducted at US Reloading Supply’s shop in Venice, FL. A maximum of 2 students are allowed per course.
LESSONS - In this course, you will be given an introduction to reloading and reloading safety. You will learn about:
- Centerfire cartridge components.
- Using the reloading manual and reloading data.
- Metallic cartridge reloading equipment.
- The metallic cartridge reloading press.
- Brass cleaning.
- Selection of bullets (projectile tips).
- Powder and primer selection.
- Reloading data books.
- Metallic cartridge reloading practical exercise.
MATERIALS - Each student will receive:
- NRA Guide to Reloading handbook – a 75 page workbook of all course materials
- Feedback on practical exercises conducted during the course
- Expert instruction as you make ammo on top the line equipment
- Basic Reloading Student Exam
- Certificate of completion from the NRA
- NRA Gun Safety Rules brochure
- Basic Firearm Training Program brochure
* Equipment - Equipment used during this course:
- Dillon XL650 progressive press
- Lee single stage press
- Hornady digital caliper
- RCBS Chargemaster Lite scales
- GemPro 500 precision scales
- Lyman universal case trimmer
- Frankford loading blocks
- Assorted reloading dies
EXTRA - Each student receives several hours of one on one hands-on training. When the course is completed, you will be able to set up a press as well as understand and set each type of reloading die on the press. Students will be working with a single stage and progressive press, but primarily on a single stage press. Under close supervision, students will reload a minimum of 5 cartridges, to demonstrate their compentence. SAFETY is stressed in each step.
COURSE DATES & TIMES - Contact us for a current list. You will need to pre-register.
1st Sat of each month
3rd Wed of each month
* Have your own equipment? Contact us and we can probably use your equipment for training.
Additionally we have an Everything you need reloading kit available. If the kit is purchased at the end of the course, the course is discounted, so you save!
PREREQUISITES - The are no prerequisites for taking this course.
COURSE COMPLETION - At the end of the course, there is a short, written open book test on the lesson material. Students will receive a course certificate upon successful completion.
INSTRUCTOR - Jim Swindle, NRA Certified Basic Reloading Instructor with over 40 years of reloading experience.
We accept all major credit cards, cash, and checks. All orders must be paid at least a week in advance to allow for scheduling and ordering materials.
NOTE: You may want to bring non-alcoholic beverages and snacks. We have a refrigerator and microwave, but there are no vending machines.